Our purpose is to teach and train people to live the way that Jesus modelled and taught,
and to foster a network of communities that authentically and creatively express that lifestyle.
We have learned how important it is to assist people to develop an honest ownership of their own faith if they are going to live by it and share it with others. This calls for a thorough examination of the original Christian story and its journey to the present day, using the courses we have shaped for this purpose. At the same time, we have discovered how valuable it is to test and deepen this through community living, the workplace and serving the local neighborhood. In the end, we want to help followers of Jesus develop a well integrated Christian worldview and a robust Christ-like character, and to equip them to live out and communicate a genuine and practical faith in communities across Australia.
Our core values
As disciples of Jesus, we value:
- whole-of-life spirituality ... that is biblical, personal & practical
- mission community ... that is incarnational, redemptive & sustainable
- integrity ... being ethical, accountable & real
- unleashing potential ... through training, partnership & enterprise
We seek to share the life and message of Jesus by:
- helping ... others to discover what it means to follow Jesus Christ today
- training ... through accredited courses and personal mentoring
- contributing ... to our local towns and neighborhoods through creative participation in community 'spaces' like community gardens, art galleries, music groups,sporting clubs, schools, churches, worklplaces and business enterprises
- communicating ... Jesus and his message in ways that make sense
"Nobody can change stories unless an alternative story is made richly available with great artistry, love and boldness."
United Church of Christ Minister
Former Professor of Old Testament, Columbia Theological Seminary